Hi all, I’ve received the following email today from the BAB. ____________________________
Supplement 33 to the Coronavirus Guidance – England
Steve Billett the BAB Covid-19 Officer attended an online meeting with Sport England at 12:30 pm today (13th July 2021) where they advised the latest information prior to the government guidance and Sport England FAQs being published later this week, hopefully before the 19th July 2021.
Information Received from Sport England.
- Full Contact Aikido can resume for both Adults and Juniors as of 19th July 2021.
- There is no limit on class size or who you can train with.
- The use of face covering is at the choice of the club leader, but is NOT a legal requirement.
- The use of the NHS Track and Trace QR code to register at your club is suggested, but is not a legal requirement.
- Some of your club members may be anxious about contact aikido , The BAB suggests that you should be sensitive to this and you could refer to the BAB Return to the Dojo documentation Phase 2 & 3 for guidance. Although this is no longer a legal requirement as of the 19th July 2021.
Based upon this information the BAB expects that in England, clubs will be able to train with full contact aikido as of the week commencing 19th July. In light of this please ensure your BAB membership is current & valid as it includes your person to person and public liability insurance. ___________________________________
Last weekend I sent off a few insurance renewals for those members who had expressed an interest in starting up again soon, so once I have confirmed all is in order on the insurance front and also that Berrywood Hospital is ok for us to resume practice and triple checked the T’s and C’s from the BAB perspective We are good to go !!
If anyone would like further info, please either email me using firstname.lastname@example.org or phone me on 07808 571089.
Failing that, please watch this space for the latest info.
I anticipate it may be a week or 2, before we get back to a very gentle reintroduction of our bodies to the mat !
HOPE TO SEE YOU SOON